Sunday, September 22
1:30 – 5 p.m.
Contractor Safety Awards Judging
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Bridge Policy & Promotion Council (open to all attendees)
Presentation from Steve Gaston, assistant state bridge engineer at the Georgia Department of Transportation
Council of State Executives
5:30 – 7 p.m.
*Hosted by the Materials & Services Division
Monday, September 23
7:30 – 8 a.m.
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
General Session: Panel Discussion with “Glass Hammer” Winners from ARTBA’s Women Leader Awards Program (1 PDH)
Executives share their strategies for implementing successful programs and activities to promote women leaders within their organizations.
Moderator: Lisa Robert, executive vice president, RS&H, ARTBA Women Leaders Council chair
- Jihane Fazio, associate vice president, AECOM
- Agnieszka Lapinski, department manager, Gannett Fleming
- Melissa Tooley, director of external initiatives, Texas Transportation Institute
- Melinda Peters, partner, RK&K
- Susan Martinovich, national highway market director, Jacobs
9:30 – 11 a.m.
Executive Committee (for committee members only)
10 – 11 a.m.
ARTBA 101 Overview (for new directors, new members, and first-time convention attendees)
11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Opening General Session: How Artificial Intelligence Can Help Your Business & Drive Results (1.25 PDH)
Speaker: Amber MacArthur, president, Ambermac Media and host of the award-winning “The AI Effect” Podcast
12:30 – 2 p.m.
ARTBA Foundation Awards Lunch
Featured Speaker: Lyndsay Sutton, Former Lanford Family Highway Worker Memorial Scholarship Recipient & Area Manager, I-75 ULTRA Project, Fla.
2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
General Session: Federal Legislative & Regulatory Update and Transportation Construction Market Conditions Report
- Dean Franks
- Senior vice president, congressional relations, ARTBA
- Dr. Alison Premo Black
- Senior vice president and chief economist, ARTBA
- Nick Goldstein
- Vice president, regulatory & legal issues, ARTBA
3:15 – 4 p.m.
General Session: Putting Safety First: Subject Matter Experts Explain Why Transportation Project Safety Certification Matters
Moderator: Brad Sant, senior vice president, safety and education, ARTBA
- Bryan Stone, safety director, Superior Construction
- J.R. Glascock, director, corporate safety, Lane
- Ethan Brown, project manager, Wright Brothers
- Chris LaRocca, HSE senior technician, Allan Myers
4 – 5 p.m.
Mentoring the Next Generation (Hosted by the Industry Leader Development Council, 1 PDH)
- Tina Millán, senior vice president and U.S. national market leader—aviation, WSP USA
- Tom O’Grady, corporate president, HNTB
- Brian Ness, director, Idaho Transportation Department
4 – 5 p.m.
Public Private Partnerships Division
4 – 5:30 p.m.
TSID and Safety Committee
6 – 7:30 p.m.
Political Action Team Reception
7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Entertainer: Comedian Dan Naturman
NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” finalist
Tuesday, September 24
7 – 9 a.m.
7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Speaker: Matt DeVries, partner, Burr & Forman LLP
Planning & Design Division
Transportation Officials Division
9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
The Future of Work – How Transportation Construction Jobs Will Change…Whether You Like it or Not (1 PDH)
Speaker: Bryan Nicol, managing director of infrastructure and capital projects, Deloitte
10:45 – 11:45 a.m.
General Session: Robots & Artificial Intelligence: How Transportation Design & Construction Firms Are Preparing for a New Era (1 PDH)
Moderator: Tom Webb, vice president of strategic initiatives and customer relations, HCSS
- Carson T. Carney, vice president of sales & technology integration, TyBot, LLC
- Andy E. Kaiyala, vice president of engineering, The Lane Construction Corp.
- Jim Peterson, design build director & senior vice president, HNTB Corporation
- Mitch Tobias, worldwide market manager, construction digital & technology, Caterpillar Inc.
12 – 1 p.m.
Artificial Intelligence, Automation & Displaced Workers in the Coming Machine Age (1 PDH)
Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) are changing every aspect of our lives. How do we learn from the past lessons of industrialization to prepare for the current and future technological revolutions? A look at how the nature of work evolves.
Speaker: Ross Smith, director of Skype for Good, Microsoft
1:30 – 5 p.m.
Optional Golf On Your Own
Crosswinds Golf Club (912.966.1909, ext. 1)
232 James B Blackburn Drive
Savannah, GA 31408
1 – 5 p.m.
1 – 5 p.m.
Networking & Business Development Facilitation
5 – 6 p.m.
6 – 8 p.m.
ARTBA Leadership Dinner (invitation only)
8:45 – 10 p.m.
Optional Event: Private Trolley “Ghost Tour” of Old Town Savannah (pre-registration required and dinner is not included)
We invite you to come along on the most popular trolley ghost tour in Savannah, Ghosts & Gravestones! Hear the tales no other guide dare tell as shadows play tricks on your mind. Board the Trolley of the Doomed and hear of all things shadowy and sinister: the city’s mysterious history, its gravest moments, its ghastly folk – it’s ALL TRUE!
Wednesday, September 25
8 – 9 a.m.
Speaker: Russell McMurry, commissioner, Georgia Department of Transportation
9 – 11 a.m.
Board of Directors